Do you have no idea how to extract email addresses from outlook? Are you looking for a working method to extract email addresses from your outlook?
Then, you have landed on the right page.
Here I will provide you stepwise details about how to extract email addresses from outlook and by following these steps you will easily be able to export all your contacts from your mailbox.
There could be various reason for you to extract email addresses from Outlook.
You might want to import Outlook email addresses into your Gmail account.
Or maybe you don’t want to invest in expensive email marketing systems but want to email potential clients after a seminar.
Whatever the situation is, extracting email addresses is the first step.
This article explains how to extract email addresses from Outlook email folders.
How to Extract Email Addresses from Outlook?
Extracting email addresses from Outlook mail folders is a straightforward process and can be done in a few simple steps as explained below.
- Click on File menu
- Click on Open and Export
- Click on Import/Export on the screen which opens
- Then select Export to a file and click Next
- Select Comma Separated Values on the next screen and click on Next
- Select an Outlook folder from which you want to extract email addresses
- Click on Browse to select a destination folder and assign a name to the output file
- Now, Click on Map Custom Fields. This will display all the fields available in that folder
- Since you only want email addresses, click Clear Map, and drag “From: (address)” from left to right panel
- Click OK then click Finish
- Open the output Excel sheet and remove duplicates
That’s all. Now you have successfully extracted all the desired email address and created a unique list of email addresses in your excel file by deleting the duplicate email addresses.
This way you can extract email addresses from Outlook folders and use it for a variety of different purposes.
It is an easy and more convenient way to export the unique email addresses from outlook for any purpose.
This method works on any Outlook version old or new.
So, even if you are using Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2019 or using Outlook 365, you will follow these exact same steps to export the email addresses from your outlook.
However, if you have your emails in a separate PST file and want to extract the email address from that PST file to an excel then what method should you follow?
Let me tell you that as well, because sometimes users create a backup copy of all their emails on a PST file and store it safely for backup purpose.
If you have created a PST file for your emails and kept it to any external drive or any location and want to extract email addresses from PST file, then you have to follow the below steps.
- Go to File menu
- Click on Open & Export
- Click on Open Outlook Data File
- Browse for your PST file and select
- Click Next and Finish the steps
- This will open your PST file inside outlook
- Now follow the exact same steps 1 to 11 as mentioned above to export the email IDs from outlook
That’s it. You will be able to extract the email IDs easily to an excel file.
By following these easy steps provided in this post you no know, how to extract email addresses from Outlook and even if you want to extract the email addresses from another PST file then you would easily be able to do so using the steps provided in this article. Share the knowledge with the rest of the world by sharing this post to a person who might benefit from it and will be able to learn something new today with your help.