You already know that calendar is one of the most important features of Microsoft Outlook.
With Outlook Calendar, you can set up meetings, organize appointments and events, and many other things that can improve communication in your workplace.
And sometimes, it becomes important for you to export your Outlook calendar to import it somewhere else, or for the purpose of taking backup and you do not know how to export outlook calendar then it will be difficult for you to do it.
But not anymore.
Because here, you will learn the easiest way to export Outlook Calendar and take it to a new computer or create a backup or calendar wherever you want to.
Follow this article till the end and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
After reading this post, you will know how to export outlook calendar and you will be able to easily export it without any issue.
So, let’s begin.
How to Export Outlook Calendar to Excel
To export or move Outlook calendar to an Excel spreadsheet, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your Outlook and go to file menu
- Next, click on Open & Export and then click on Import or Export
- Select the option Export to file and click on next
- Now, Select Comma Separated Values and click next
- Click on Finish and provide the date range.
Point to be noted here is that if you don’t mention the date range, the process of exporting Outlook calendar to Excel will take some time.
So, its better to select a particular date range and extract the data accordingly.
Export Outlook Calendar to PST File
Open Outlook on your computer and follow the steps mentioned below to export Outlook Calendar to a PST file:
- Click on File and go to Open & Export
- Now go to Import or Export and click on Export to file then click on next
- Select Outlook data file (.pst)
- In the next window, select Outlook Calendar folder and click on next
- Click on Browse and specify the location and name of the file
- And finally click on the finish button
That’s all, now you have successfully exported Outlook calendar to PST file.
How to Export Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar
The process of exporting Outlook calendar to Google Calendar can be divided into two parts.
The first part is exporting calendar from your outlook and the second one is importing calendar to Google Calendar.
Exporting Outlook Calendar
- Open Outlook, click Calendar
- Now click on file and select save calendar
- Give the name and location where you want to save and click Save
- After clicking Save, you will be prompted for date range
- Provide the range and click on finish
Import Outlook Calendar into Google
Now to import Outlook calendar to Google Calendar, follow the simple instructions mentioned below:
- Open Google Calendar and click on Settings
- Select Import and Export
- Click on Select the file from your computer and now you can select the exported Outlook calendar
- Click on import and that’s all.
You’ve now successfully added exported Outlook Calendar to your Google Calendar.
Export Outlook Calendar to CSV
To export outlook calendar to csv file, you have to follow the same steps as I have mentioned in how to export outlook calendar to excel.
As csv is also part of excel, I covered the steps there and by following those same steps you will be able to easily export outlook calendar to csv file to create a backup or to import it to some other machine/application.
Export Calendar from Outlook 365
To export calendar from outlook 365 you have to follow similar steps.
- Navigate to File menu
- Click on Open & Export
- Now select Import/Export
- Select Export to a file in Import and Export Wizard
- Click Next
- Select Comma Separated Values/Outlook Data File
- Click Next
- Search and select Calendar folder in Select Folder to Export from screen
- Give a name and save to location
- Click Finish on final screen
That’s all. You have now successfully exported calendar from Outlook 365.
Wasn’t it easy enough?
I am sure it was and now you will be able to export your outlook calendar very easily, as and when required.
Today you have learned all the methods and now you have the required knowledge about how to export outlook calendar. The methods mentioned above will surely help you to export your Outlook calendar with ease.
Use these steps and you will be able to export your outlook calendar to PST, CSV, or Excel. Ultimately CSV also opens in excel and you can easily save the CSV file as Xls or Xlsx file by using save as option within excel.
Hope you found this article helpful, share the knowledge with the rest of the world by sharing this post to someone who might benefit from it.